Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm in Love

SNOWBOARDING!

Two weeks ago I went snowboarding for the FIRST time and I fell in love. I was a mixture of excited and nervous. I've heard a list of things about snowboarding. It goes a little like this:
You will hate your first time
You will spend the whole time on your butt
Your legs will be so sore the next day
Be careful or you will break your wrist
You wont be good your first time
I also, of course, heard all the horror stories of when someone broke their tailbone, wrist, leg, face...whatever. But also everyone that boards LOVES it. So I went in to it planning to prove all those stories wrong. And guess what? I did.
I loved my first time
I only spent part of the time on my butt
My legs weren't even sore ( I was actually a little bummed, I wanted them to be so I could know I worked them good ha)
My wrists are still un-broken
I was KINDA good
My tailbone, wrists, legs, and face are still intact.
I still have a long ways to go, but my friend and I are going tomorrow and he promised to have me grinding boxes by the end of the day, I'll let you know how that goes.
Oh, and in case you were wondering I was able to board off the lift the second time going. haha. I sort of just rolled off the first night I went. See my huge improvement in one time?! Just kidding :)



Sara's list of things to do:
Buy a snowboard
Buy a cute snow outfit
Buy boots/bindings
Buy a season pass for next season
(dont worry, I wont till I have money I can actually spend)

No comments: