Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bad Habit

Post #4- A Habit You Wish You Didn't Have 

"You can clutch the past so tightly to your
chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."

 If there were a perfect quote to sum up my bad habit-this would be the one. I have a hard time living in the 'now'. I either clutch too tightly to my past, (past events, past people, past emotions), or let anxiety about the future over take me. I have a hard time knowing how to live in the 'now'. How to live day to day- instead of in yesterday, or tomorrow. The problem is that yesterday already happened. And as hard as I sometimes try, I can't get it back. I can't change the hurt, the happiness, the tears, or the laughter. I can't change the events of yesterday, it's already there....forever. All I can do, is make today better- a day that tomorrow I won't want so badly to change. The problem is I spend so much time worrying about tomorrow, that I forget to make today that 'better day'.  But if  I continue looking back, while trying to move forward, chances are I'm going to trip and fall. Who wants to trip and fall? That usually results in 

bruises

scratches

hurt

and embarrassment. 



No comments: