Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Coincidence? I think not.

This last weekend has been a little depressing, super long, and extremely stressful. One of the many things that has been pressing on my mind, the last few days, is money. Last night hit the hardest, as I was budgeting the month of October for the Family Finance class I am currently in. Realizing that I am taking every weekend (where the most money is made) off to go to Provo and see my sister, and also have unexpected expenses all month long: $70 car registration, $120 Praxis Exam, $45 ACT, gas money to Provo and back three times, and then the normal expenses added in which include: Phone Bill, utilities, groceries, tithing, gas, etc. I will make enough to cover these expenses, but I am also supposed to be saving a huge chunk for rent due December 1st. Not to mention, I also owe my parents money for my car and Liz's mom money for books. Needless to say, I have been freaking out a little. Today for my scripture study I said a prayer beforehand stating all the stresses, or questions, I am currently battling with. While I was reading I came across a scripture, that really stuck out to me, telling us to keep our faith steady (which, by definition, is: unfaltering, firm in position: fixed, constant in feeling, principle, purpose, or attachment). That scripture applied to all my worries, by simply telling me to continue in faith and don't let it alter. I always pay my tithing, and everything always works out. But the last little while I have let my faith drop, and replaced it with worry. Tonight at work a table of 4 came in and before leaving, the guy paying pulled out $100 bill and handed it to me, said thanks, and walked off. The moment I got it, I knew it wasn't a coincidence. Although that $100 isn't enough to solve all my financial worries this month, it was a great start, and an answer to my prayer. I am SO thankful for all the prayers God answers for me. 

No comments: